Bible Text: Exodus 1-4
“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God?s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 NIV
“I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13 NRSV
- To help children make a connection between this portion of the Exodus Story, “The Call of Moses,” to the plagues, crossing the Red Sea, the Ten Commandments and the story of Joseph and how the Israelites came to be slaves in Egypt. One of these stories is taught each year to help kids keep the connections going strong.
- To teach that even a person who feels unworthy and inadequate, such as Moses, may be called by God to do His will.
- To teach that even children who are God?s people by faith in Jesus Christ may be called and used to proclaim God?s greatness.
- To teach that God has a plan for His people; He cares for and delivers His people when they are in need, just as He cared for and delivered the Israelites from Egypt.
- To teach that wherever we meet God is a holy place, and that “prayer” is two-way communication with God.
- To teach that God loves all people everywhere.